Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Like a Candle..

 

Like a candle, I arrived in your darkest hour,

Burning bright to guide with gentle power,

Yet now treated like the moon's distant light,

Forgotten, as if filial love ain't worth a fight!

 

Like a candle, I watched you chase starry lights,

In shadows, I hid, your guardian moon at night,

Undercurrents of mistrust, now cuts like a knife,

In stormy times, you may miss this steady life.

 

Like a candle, unnoticed, I silently bloomed,

Lighting your gloom, where darkness consumed,

Burning myself to give you a soft, firm might,

But like the moon, forgotten, even on a quiet night.

 

Like a candle, ashamed, in the bright city's lights,

My gentle, harmless flame, lost in glaring sights,

As trust diminishes, sinking to depths so low,

I'll burn out, leaving you lost and in woe

 

Like a candle, I sense shame as you turn away,

Wonder why my feelings, you seem to betray,

Fading as time flows, my warmth still shines through,

This forgotten moon always chose to stand by you.

 

When the candle's gone, and darkness fills your dawn,

Hope you'll find your way, as new horizons beckon. 

No comments: