Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Yet Another Day

I got up early on New Year's day
Strolled out... sat in the garden
Out there over the sluggish clay
A lovely red rose did things brighten..

To watch the sunrise.. I did wait
Eager to see the colorful dawn
It seemed the same.. lively and bright
But yet another year has gone..

Soon I saw bees buzzing down the sky
Crowding upon the little red flower
With the sweet nectar they did fly
Giving way for the sloppy gardener..

The gardner seemed too very happy
He told me about last night's blast
He was a bit too tipsy
Soon he left to quench anothe' thirst..

I looked at the shrub again
It didnt look the same
I sensed it was unhappy, but in vain
Without the rose, drooping in shame..

In the evening I slowly tread
With a hard heart to the garden dear
I found it had yet another bud
And the shrub, once more prouder..

Life is such my sweet dear
To us humans or a flower
There is nothing so very dear
That does to you endear.. lasting you forever...



STEM Concepts: Time

No comments: