Sunday, October 19, 2008

Frankenstein memory

As carefree warm summers lead to winter
Senses lulled by magnificent snow showers
My rational mind wanders, lost and numb
My heart speaks out in despair, out of turn
Ah! help me conquer… this tyranny
Of my unintended baloney!

As the towering waterfalls end in the river
And as all raging rivers end in the sea
My vain attempts to forget you dear
Ends in my terribly missing you
Ah! help me defeat… this tyranny
Of my wounded destiny!

As I set sail.. far away to rest and reconcile
Damn.. your thoughts stalk and haunt me
Unable to escape - live free, yet caged inside
My thoughts desert me to play hide and seek
Ah! help me vanquish… this tyranny
Of my Frankenstein memory!

PS: This was written for no one in particular! It was written just to illustrate that we humans can be our own Frankensteins! Limitations, or better yet a curse of one's own mind - the ability to NOT forget!

Related STEM thoughts: Biologically, I wonder if this is the limitation that we are 'born' with (or created to be born with) - so we always 'run' in perfectly laid logical circles - conundrums that every generation is wildly happy to rediscover, truths that in reality are never really new! In programming - specifically issues of dangling pointers and their unintended consequences - i.e. security breaches.

No comments: