Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The abacist

What is life? I wondered
But simple moments in time
Signified by events, occasions
That leave a lasting imprint
On ones’ impressionable minds..

What is death, I thought
Yet another event in time
That comes unannounced
And leaves an ending imprint
On some impressionable minds..

Do the laws of conservation
Hold for life and death
If ‘death’ signifies being dead
What does it mean to be alive?
A string of life events?

Yes! said one dear friend
In the abacus of life
Events cause beads to slide
Between being alive and dead
I pause… to hear my inner voice

It asked.. is time the abacist?
My caveman counting insight
Not knowing to move some beads
Must surely the abacist delight..
… Clouded inner conundrums

And.. my inner voice continues
Why the imbalance for many?
Time-space dimensional balance?
Through trials and tribulations
Of reincarnation and rebirth?

Or… Are all things, living or not
Part of a finely connected whole
If big bang were indeed true…
Then… I am you and you are me
Coming from the same place you see?

It's then our common abacus...
Hmmm... Yet, I still wonder…

Sample STEM concepts: Math, Logic, Physics

No comments: